Afterschool Tutor (s): South San Francisco, CA
The Cesar Chavez Foundation is a non‐profit organization that serves families in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas through educational and social service programs. We are hiring individuals to work as tutors who are committed to education and empowering youth. Students in grades 3‐8th will be tutored in English Language Arts. Students will be tutored in small groups during the week at school sites during afterschool hours.
• Utilize Cesar Chavez Foundation Tutoring Material• Provide tutorial and instructions in English, both written and orally.
• Maintain order and discipline in the classroom.
• Coordinate flow of written and verbal information between student’s home, school and Cesar Chavez Foundation’s service program.
• Collect and maintain files as required by the District.
• Abide by all District and Cesar Chavez Foundation’s rules and regulations, including student confidentiality.
• Organize and maintain an information system, correspondence and other documentary records.
• Ensure that all instructional work space is organized and conducive to a “learning environment”.
• Communicate with Cesar Chavez Foundation’s Program Coordinator by email or phone the progress of the student on daily bases.
• Bilingual Preferred (Spanish/English)
• Detail oriented
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Previous tutoring or teaching experience preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/Access) required
• Excellent communication skills
• Live scan Fingerprint/ background check
• Must provide proof of a negative TB test result taken within the last 2 years
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Candidate should be able to commit till the group ends all their tutoring hours
• Competitive hourly rate of $18.00‐ $25.00
If interested, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org