Tutor - Merced, CA
The mission of the Education Fund of the National Farm Workers Service Center, Inc., is to improve the level of academic proficiency among Farm Worker, Latino, and other working families by providing educational opportunities that have never been within their reach. Through our services, the retention rates and drop-out rates of underperforming students will decrease dramatically, and the college-going rates will increase by a statistically-significant and measurable percentage. Under the aegis of the Cesar Chavez Education Institute, these services will become available and accessible to learners from PK-20.
Cesar Chavez has an immediate opening for a tutor in Merced. Students are tutored in small groups. We tutor students from grades K-8th in English Language Arts or Math. Credential or Bachelor's degree is preferred, but we will consider individuals with at least their AA with classroom experience.
Daily duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare lesson plans from textbooks, software, curriculum and program training manuals;
- Provide tutorial and instructions in English, both written and orally;
- Maintain order and discipline in the classroom;
- Coordinate flow of written and verbal information between student’s home, school and Cesar Chavez
Foundation’s supplementary educational service program.
- Collect and maintain files as required by the Act and District.
- Abide by all District and Cesar Chavez Foundation’s rules and regulations, including student confidentiality.
- Organize and maintain an information system, correspondence and other documentary records;
- Ensure that all instructional workspace is organized and conducive to a “learning environment;”
- Communicate with Cesar Chavez Foundation’s Regional Program Coordinator by email or phone the progress
of the student on daily bases.
- BA in Education, Social Work or Liberal Arts
- Detail oriented
- Bilingual Preferred, but not necessary (Spanish/English)
- Previous tutoring or teaching experience helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/Access) required
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance
- Fingerprint, background checks, and TB test are required.
- Candidate should be able to commit till the group ends all their 30 hours.
- Current school teachers or substitute teachers are welcome to apply.
- Hourly rate $18.00 to $25.00
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward resume to: email@example.com or fax Attn: Delfina Gomez to 559.443.0101
Open until filed