Lead Teacher Position – Phoenix, AZ
The Cesar Chavez Foundation is a non-profit organization that serves low-income families in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas through affordable housing and social service programs. We are hiring individuals to work as Lead Teachers in our Si Se Puede! Learning Centers who are committed to education and empowering youth.
· Implement Cesar Chavez Foundation Lesson Plans.
· Incorporate service learning and technology as ways to teach.
· Set healthy classroom goals and behavior practices.
· Develop and implement effective student recruitment plans.
· Ensure that all instructional work space is organized and conducive to a “learning environment.”
· Track and submit monthly reports.
· Bachelor's Degree or related experience in education/youth development.
· Available Monday - Friday for 3.5 hours during after-school hours.
· Preferably bilingual - Not required.
· Knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/Access) required.
· Able to work in a fast paced environment
· Live scan Fingerprint/ background check
· Must provide proof of a negative TB test result taken within the last 2 years
· Candidate should be able to commit for the 2018-2019 school year
· Join historical farm worker movement founded by Cesar E. Chavez.
· Gain classroom experience in non-traditional learning environment!
· Competitive hourly rate of $13.00 - $18.00